What a wonderfully relaxing day.
Anthro class was pretty exciting as we talked about gender roles and sexuality of various cultures. Christina (a girl who sits next to me) and Anna (ditto) were fun to talk to as usual, as was Gary (a guy who sits to my right), even though he is usually pretty quiet. We talked a bit during break about weddings since both Christina and I are attending them this weekend. Our professor, David said a good line I will keep for future weddings that I don't think will make it... he said once he was invited to a wedding. His response upon hearing the verbal invitation? "Don't invite me to the wedding, save my invite for the divorce, I'd rather attend that"... or words very close to that. Oddly enough, that couple divorced within a year of their marriage. David was pissed he didn't get the invite to the court date.
In other news totally unrelated, Erik, or rather "High King Erik the Magnificent" had some free time in his schedule and we talked for a bit today. Wow, that dude is hilarious. If you didn't know this, I feel sorry for you.
Speaking to Erik today reminded me of many things, like how great spite can be, the necessity for minions, how evil beards truly are, and most importantly, the time we watched the Sesame Street Movie, "Follow That Bird" and the greatness that unfolded throughout the night.
I don't remember why exactly Erik had to watch that movie... I believe it was because he secretly longed for it for many years now, only he could not recall the title and was too prideful to ask the help of the Blockbuster staff. I think he used the excuse like "it was a class project" even though we all know Erik is a history major and they never do anything fun like projects... especially involving Big Bird.
Anyways- so the night started out with BJs pizza in celebration of... something? Who cares why- it was pizza night!! Woo Hoo!! Erik had mentioned a Big Bird movie made back in the day. Since I had a pretty sweet childhood, of course I knew of this movie and I helped him to remember the title, "Follow That Bird". We walked down to Blockbuster after he begged and pleaded with me to watch it with him (a simple "want to watch this movie?" would have been just fine...) and sure enough, they had one copy on DVD!!! We snatched it and headed back to Erik's lil studio, while listening to fun music on his ipod.
We sang, we laughed, we cried, we... well more like I laughed at Erik for crying, and had a great time overall. Man, that crazy Big Bird is so... trusting. Luckily all of the kids he met were really nice and helped him. And I must say, Sesame Street is one great community of... "special" people. They're all a bunch of pansies, but would do anything for a friend- and loyal till the end. Needless to say, I loved the movie :) I think that may just have to become a yearly event to celebrate the end of the school year... we shall see.
After the movie, Erik and I built forts. Mine was more of a burrito with me inside. Erik won that one.
All I have to say is "Burrito, Wrap!" is better than "Drawbridge, down!" ... or at least it should be!
I love reminiscing on fantastic moments.
It's times in the past like these that make me look forward to the future.
party-goer?
17 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment