Yesterday was pretty awesome.
I slept in until 9ish, got my hair cut at noon, got new, much needed tank tops, had lunch with Helga, ran a bunch of errands, walked with Jess and then went out to meet up with the boy for his friend's birthday.
I love my haircut! I have the most fabulous hair dresser, Tony. He's sooooo funny (probably because he too is a Libra) and great at cutting hair! He's in his 50s (but looks 40), from Puerto Rico and when he gets excited about something his accent gets contagious. We first met when I went in for a haircut last minute on St. Patrick's Day a few years ago and he was available. That same night I went on my first date with the ex and Tony and I were pretty sure he'd be my stylist for the wedding ;) So naturally I tried to get in to see him as soon as I could after the break-up. Well I told him the story yesterday and I cannot express how FUN it was to talk about it. Tony is hilarious!! Hands were waving, jaws dropped, lips smacked, eye brows raised and lowered, and heads were shaking when I told the story. He reminded me of how much I rock and waved "bye-bye" to the ex. Ah, so many smiles were to be had at the salon. He gave me extra homework too and wished me luck with the new boy. I gave him a massive hug and bounced away still giggling a little bit.
Giggling... why do I do it?! I mean, I laugh a lot, but I never giggle. I don't get it!! I've been all... happier than usual lately. Weird.
Wow- ok, so lunch with Helga... it was very informative. I updated her on my past 6 months or so and she did the same for me. It was almost ridiculous in that some of the things I said about people on my end related to how she was acting on her end. It was difficult not to judge, but I think I held up nicely. I mean, I love Helga!! She's so... Helga! I just worry sometimes.
So I took a walk with Jess to complain about things. Jess is one of the best people ever. He has always been there for me since moving down here and he's hilarious too!! And he usually tells me I am right... because I am. Plus, he tells me the things I don't want to hear, but need to, which is good for me. And last night he helped me pick out what to wear - hahaha that was fun :) Excitement is also contagious... I love that.
So after the day had turned to night, I got a call from Ryan (yes- that is the name of the boy. I'm tired of saying "the boy") to chill in Huntington Beach for someone's birthday. I got ready (thanks Jess!!) and met up at this place called Aloha something. I was sooo nervous to meet Ryan's friends too! I really shouldn't have been- they ROCK!! I think that was probably the most fun I have had around strangers :) They were all so welcoming and fun, even when I was nearly asleep I didn't want to say bye. I really hope I see them again. Great, great people!! After I left the bar around..2 ish, I chilled at Ryan's and fell asleep for... not long enough. I got up at 4 since I had work this morning at 5am for the Special Olympics and surprisingly enough, I wasn't too tired at work! I didn't pass out until after I came home, at 8 this morning :)
K, well it's back to work and then I'm kidnapping Elyse tonight! Yay!!
I'm planning on seeing Ryan again tomorrow during my break between work and studying. *sigh of happiness*
I can hardly wait.
<3
party-goer?
17 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment