Monday, June 23, 2008

Mondays are bittersweet

Here's the sweet part:

So I went to church last weekend because I'm kinda into the whole getting back to my Catholic roots thing. I looked at the bulletin, as usual, and didn't expect to see anything relevant to my life and/or interests (though I am contemplating this whole Wednesday night Bingo thing...). However, to my surprise there was a section that said Catechists needed at all levels to help with religious education...

This sparked my interest on many levels, seeing as how I am an aspiring teacher and how I like to get involved and volunteer what (little) time I have to share. Oddly enough, a few weeks ago I was wondering if there was a way to get involved in the CCD program at the church... coincidence?

So today I called up the Religious Education office to see where I could contribute and they asked me if I would be interested in teaching the 6th grade class!!! Oh wow. I was shocked!! I told them I lacked experience, but they said they were willing to train, and after all, it doesn't seem like it would be all that difficult, since it's not a year with any sacraments. I suppose this summer would be a good time to brush up on my Bible skills though.

We'll see what happens. I really hope they let me teach!!! I am going to the office tomorrow to fill out an application.

Yay for Jesus!!

No comments: